This pizza contains all the delicious elements any guest would want. With savory bacon and sweet figs sprinkled with creamy blue cheese, this recipe is great as an appetizer, main dish, or even dessert.
To make the best pizza possible, you'll need a pizza stone that you place on an oven rack and heats up while you prepare the dough, and a pizza peel, a flat board with a long handle that lets you transfer the pizza to and from the baking stone.
- 8 oz. pizza dough
- ½ C. fontina and mozzarella cheese, mixed
- ¼ C. bacon
- ½ C. sliced figs
- ¼ C. cambozola or preferred blue cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat your oven and stone to 550°F for 30 minutes or your Pizzeria Pronto for 10 minutes on high, and then turn it down to medium during cooking.
- Stretch pizza dough to desired shape and size on the pizza peel.
- Brush dough with olive oil and top with cheese.
- Garnish pizza with figs and bacon chunks.
- Lightly shake the pizza peel back and forth to transfer the pizza dough to your stone.
- Bake in your Pizzeria Pronto for about 5 minutes, or your oven for 10-15 minutes (depending on the oven).
- During last 30 seconds of cooking, remove pizza and add cubed/crumbled blue cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and cook until blue cheese is just starting to melt. (You may want to use a pizza screen to "dome" the pizza.)
- Wedge the pizza peel under the finished pizza to remove from the stone.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!