Out of all the holidays we celebrate each year, there’s one that’s perfectly suited for a special dessert. Surrounded by chocolate, candies, and flowers, Valentine’s Day is all about expressing your love for the person that stole your heart. If you’re planning on cooking for that special someone in your life it’s a great idea to plan a sweet treat for the perfect finish on a celebration dinner.
You could always just buy a dessert, but if you’d really like to send a sweet message there’s no better way than making something delicious from scratch. Luckily for you, we’ve got the perfect recipe to satisfy that sweet tooth craving. And since you'll be indoors snuggling with your sweetie, our Stovetop Pizza Oven is perfect way to bake a pizza with love.
The Apple (Pizza) Pie
Personally, I’m a die-hard fan of apple pie. It’s classic, delicious, and it’s also a nice change of pace from chocolate. So what could make apple pie even more tasty and fun to make? Turning into a dessert pizza, of course! This recipe features gently cooked Granny Smith and Pink Lady apples with a delicious crumble topping. If you really want to go all out, serve it alongside a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
For the Pizza
- 1 piece pizza dough, 7-8 oz.
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 Pink Lady apple
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. white sugar
For the Crisp Topping
- 5 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ C. brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C. rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Proof pizza dough by allowing to rest covered at room temperature for 1-3 hours.
- Mix 1 tsp. white sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a small sauté pan and set aside.
- Combine all crisp topping ingredients in a mixer and mix on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until combined and lumps have formed.
- Preheat pizza oven on high for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut half of each apple into small cubes and mix together.
- Stretch pizza into a circle and form a heart shape at the top of the dough.
- Pull the bottom of the dough into a point to complete heart shape.
- Roll dough with a dough docker and place into the oven cooking 2-3 minutes until dough is just starting to rise.
- Remove dough from oven and brush with butter.
- Add apples and crisp topping and bake 3-4 minutes until nearly cooked.
- Remove pizza and brush the crust with remaining melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Finish cooking another 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Serve with organic vanilla ice cream.