How To Make Pizza Roses
A fun way to change up your pizza night is to make a cheese stuffed pizza cone. The pizza cone is like an ice cream cone except it is made with dough and filled with your favorite toppings.
The process is a little more complicated than making a regular pizza, but the results are worth it. The Pizzacraft® Pizza Cone Set makes things easy by giving you a template to cut out your cones and holders to cook the cones upright in the oven. We used our set to make a Pinterest favorite, Pizza Roses, except ours or stuffed with cheese and pepperoni!
Start With a Pizza Cone
- Pre-heat oven or grill to 400° F.
Roll your pizza dough out to 1/16" thickness and use the cutter to cut out two pizza cone shapes.
- Dab edges of the dough with water and fold over to seal. Use the Pizza Cone Set dough crimper to ensure the seam is closed.
- Lightly flour the silicone cone mold and slide dough onto the mold. Par-bake this cone upright for 6-8 minutes, or until it begins to lightly brown.
- Remove cone from oven or grill, let it rest for a few minutes then remove crust from the cone mold.
- Place par-baked crust into the pizza cone stand and fill with your favorite ingredients.
- Return stand and crust to the oven or grill and bake until golden and bubbly.
- Let cool before eating... if you can wait that long!
If you want to take things a little further you can add an extra step and make your Pizza Cones pop with Pizza Roses for the top!
To Make The Pizza Rose Top:
- Cut a strip of dough that is about 8” long and 1.5” wide.
- Very lightly spread sauce over the dough.
- Layer pepperonis longwise across the dough, leaving a little bit of dough open at the end.
- Add cheese on the Botton portions of the pepperonis and then roll them longwise into a rose shape.
- Par-bake this rose upright in a muffin pan until it holds its shape. You can use tin foil to keep it in place while baking if your muffin tin is too big.
- Once both your cones and roses are par-baked, simply slide the rose into the top of your pre-stuffed cone and finish cooking!
- The result will be a cone overflowing with rose pedal top, which looks just as good as it tastes.
For other fun recipes check out:
This week’s PIZZA OF THE WEEK is a poolside pie made by @cassandrareads. We love to see folks making pizza outdoors in their Pizzeria Pronto® Pizza Ovens. Great work Cassandra!
If you made your pizza this week or tried your hand at the pizza roses we would love to see on Instagram @_pizzacraft or #pizzacraft. Next week will choose our favorite pizza to feature right here on the blog!